ODFDOM 0.10.0 is released on November 26th, 2021. Git tag: "odftoolkit-0.10.0". Major updates are coming with this version:
- JDK 11 (or higher) is required to build
- Collaboration API: No developer would ever sent a zipped repository for exchanging work with other developers. Still we are doing this by zipping document and sending those. To be able to dispatch only changes among collaborators new functionality had bee added: Any OpenDocument Text can now be transformed into an equal sequence of user changes (ODT/JSON). This list of user changes is like a batch of text operations, similar as if the user would created the document from top to the bottom. Foremost, new user changes can be merged into the existing document via JSON. For more details see the list of supported changes/operations
- Many Fixes & enhancements, which were done over several years by merging (more an overwriting) with the former Open-XChange ODFDOM fork.
GitHub issues fixed in this release 0.10.0
- #61 Validating encrypted files
- #70 ODFDOM should support XML default namespace
- #78 Make odfdom-java an OSGi bundle
- #112 ODFValidator & Exit Code
- #116 Broken links in ODF TOOLKIT RELEASE NOTES
- #120 Write validator errors to System.err
- #124 Generated JavaDoc Jars incomplete
- #131 Remove dependency to xml-apis
- #133 Continuous integration to run tests on pull requests
ODFDOM 0.9.0 is released on November 26th, 2021. Git tag: "odftoolkit-0.9.0".
- JDK 8 is required to build
- First release of the ODF Toolkit at The Document Foundation (TDF)
- All modules of the ODF Toolkit now have unified version numbers following ODFDOM's current version number
- Last release bundling the Simple API, which includes too many copied source code, likely as it was meant as a stand-alone fork. The Simple API is by copying and obfuscating ODFDOM API incompatible with the upcoming Collaboration API and is being removed (see above).
- validator supports ODF 1.3
- validator can now validate manifest of encrypted ODF files as produced by LibreOffice
- Many fixes & enhancements
- Another anomaly in the generator was fixed.
GitHub issues fixed in this release 0.9.0
- #7 Clarify Java Version?
- #12 Travis does not download artifacts from different Maven repos
- #15 Avoiding Whitespace Noise from Commits by Automation/GitHooks
- #23 Small mistake in Odftoolkit v0.9RC description?
- #30 Add regression tests for MarkDown to HTML creation
- #49 Memory Leak in ODF Simple API
- #50 Java Formatter triggered by Maven
- #55 Update to modern Jena
- #56 Undeprecate original API
- #61 Validating encrypted files
- #84 Upgrade libs to prevent security issues - CVE
- #85 Broken links in README.md
- #130 No release tags available
ASF JIRA issues fixed in this release 0.9.0
- ODFTOOLKIT-187 was fixed.
- ODFTOOLKIT-415 Replace/Upgrade jena dependency with org.apache.jena:jena-core:3.x
- ODFTOOLKIT-448 Upgrade Java version to JDK 8
- ODFTOOLKIT-460 validator reports errors about missing manifest.xml file entries for files in META-INF/
- ODFTOOLKIT-464 Pom does not follow best practices
- ODFTOOLKIT-474 list decorators with different bullet points
- ODFTOOLKIT-475 validator applies ODF 1.1 rules to ODF 1.2 documents when checking character content in foreign elements, part 2: ODF elements that don't allow character content
Historic release notes from ASF incubator times can be found here
Historic release notes of ODFDOM can be found here